Friday, September 10, 2010

One Full Week Past

A whole week down and I barely noticed its going. For anyone unaware, our schedule has Fridays Off built in to make weekend trips to the islands/other parts of Greece/Europe more manageable. (You should be feeling jealous right now.) I wish there was more to report, but I seem to have done most of that already.

I went to follow up on my hospital visit this morning (TB-Free!) and had a pleasant walk down there. Since I knew where I was going his time, I was actually able to notice the shops, restaurants and US Embassy on the way. I'll keep those in mind for later. We're really in walking distance for just about anywhere (and those of us in town this weekend will be taking full advantage of that soon!) The hospital barely took a look at me before signing off on my paperwork and saying I could go. The strange part was, they let us hold on to the chest x-ray that had been taken on Tuesday. What does one do with an x-ray of one's own chest? It doesn't really make for good wall decoration. (We tried. It was creepy.)

I've now signed up for continued Traditional Greek Dancing Lessons. It will be 10€ per class if only 15 people sign up. If anymore sign up, we pay that price for three classes and get a fourth free! The large number of people was part of what made the class so fun, so I hope lots of people sign up for several reasons. I'm also going to try (maybe this weekend) to go see a Greek Dancing Show at the same theater where I saw Trojan Women last night. That theater is home to the Dora Stratou Greek Dances company, and it would be fascinating to see a professional program after a short lesson. That might be Friday night.

Street market again tomorrow - we're all really pumped! We had so much fun last time and we're planning to go as a larger group this round. The Camera will be joining us. We may go shopping afterward, too. the last thing I need is the temptation to buy more clothing, etc., but I want to at least look around. Why not when I've already found so many lovely things and seem to be attracted to things that are "old style" and thus on sale anyway?

We're going to Crete for a week in 11 days. I'm already so excited!! This semester will move too quickly. I can feel that already beginning to happen as I spend my evenings on the balcony just talking with my roommates. We'll just have to make the most of it as it flies past us! How did it get so late already? :P

Kαληνύχτα!

No comments:

Post a Comment